There are a lot of things to consider when planning a project that includes ordering promotional products. You have a deadline to meet, brand guidelines to follow, approvals to submit, and so much more. Here you will find answers to common questions, but if you want to have the specifics for your project, be sure to contact us.
We require art files in vector format such as eps or pdf created from a vectorized file. Jpg, tiff and pngs are not suitable. If you are not sure if your files are in vector format we can check them and let you know. We can also convert your files if necessary for a nominal fee or no fee depending on the amount of work required. Ideally we want to have your company brand guidelines so we can be sure to respect and enhance your brand.
What are the artwork guidelines for printing on a custom T-shirt or other merchandise?
- Adobe Illustrator — CS5 or newer. Convert text to outlines. Please avoid using transparencies with spot colors. Support files must be EPS, TIFF or PDF. Export files as AI, EPS or PDF.
Accepted Software Formats:
- Adobe InDesign — CS5.5 or newer. InDesign native artwork must be accompanied with all support files including fonts and linked images. Support files must be EPS, TIFF or PDF. Export files as IND, EPS or PDF.
- Quark Xpress — 9.0 or newer. Quark Xpress native artwork must be accompanied with all support files including fonts and linked images. Support files must be EPS, TIFF or PDF. Export files as QXD, EPS or PDF.
- CorelDRAW — Mac format; version 11, PC Format; version X5. Keep colors as spot. Send all support files. Export text as curves. Export files as AI, EPS or PDF.
- EPS — Illustrator: Save as Illustrator EPS. Quark Xpress: Save page as EPS.
- TIFF — PhotoShop: Save as 300 dpi grayscale at actual size. Bitmap Raster Image: 1200 dpi at finished imprint size.
- PDF — File must contain: vector art, high resolution (300 dpi) grayscale images at finished imprint size for halftones and postscript fonts.
- Fonts — Convert all text to “paths” or “outlines” (Vector Art). If this is not possible, send fonts in both screen and printer Type 1 fonts used. List all font names. We have the complete Adobe font library. No PC fonts accepted.
- Compression — Stuffit® and WinZip®
Please note we DO NOT ACCEPT artwork created in Microsoft Publisher, Powerpoint, Excel, Paint, Word, etc. Such files would need to be recreated in the proper format.
- Vector Art: Vector art is produced by programs such as Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw. Vector artwork stores mathematical information about lines and shapes. It scales easily without producing “stair-step” edges. Vector art adapts to the resolution of any output device and is considered to be resolution independent.
- Raster Art: Artwork and images that are defined by a “checkerboard” pattern, similar to viewing mosaic tiles. Raster images are limited by the number of pixels and cannot be enlarged without producing notieable jagged, stair-stepped edges. These images are produced by digital cameras, scanners, and also can be created by programs such as Adobe Photoshop. Send file in at 100% final size.
• Product prices posted on this website are current for the most part, but are subject to change by the manufacturer without notice.
• Price per item do not include art charges, setups, molds, and other customization charges that may or may not be required.
• Shipping charges are not included. We do provide shipping estimates based on packaging information provided by the factory regarding weights and carton dimensions.
Turnaround time varies depending on the product and the decoration method, but there are other factors that affect the production time such as art preparation, if necessary, quantity, proofs, and shipping time.
Standard production times are 3-4 weeks, provided we have the art on file or you have the art in proper format readily available. If not, there may be an additional rush charge. There may also be no time for proofing and you must assume the risk. Although we make sure we send the art ready for the factory to do the setups, there are times the factory makes mistakes and these errors are caught in the preproduction proofs.
Other considerations are weekends and holidays, which will add to the turnaround time, as well as unforeseen delays due to breakdown of equipment, severe weather, natural disasters, etc.
If you need less than the minimum quantity, some manufacturers have the ability to do this, please contact us for more details.
Depending on the quantity you want to order and the product, it is possible to print on an assortment of product colors for an additional charge.
Samples are available upon request. There might be fees involved to cover item costs and to cover shipping. Please contact us for more details.
If you require to see a printed sample of the product before going to production, you will be billed for the cost to produce it, plus the shipping charge. These samples may be mandatory on some custom products or designs.
We are committed to your satisfaction. We guarantee our products to be free of defects in workmanship, and imprint to be of top quality. In those rare occasions when an order arrives with printing issues, wrong color, the product is defective, we will repeat the order at our expense, or look to resolve otherwise to your satisfaction.
Ethix Ventures Inc is not liable for any damages resulting from unintentional violation of copyright laws or illegal use of trade names or slogans. The client guarantees the legal rights of all matters submitted to Ethix Ventures Inc for printing and/or publication.
Ethix Ventures Inc reserves the right to use its sole discretion in refusing to print anything known to be illegal.
Although factories usually ship the quantity ordered, there are instances where products are subject to 5% over or under the requested quantity, and you will be billed accordingly.